UE4 Coder/Developer – Contract – Virtual/Remote – Full Time
The UE4 Coder Role
As a UE4 coder you will be working on various components of the game in UE4, generally to upgrade existing components or add functionality. On a routine basis, you will also add maps, props, costumes, NPCs created by the art team and make sure they integrate correctly with the game. You will be mentored by our lead coder, especially with regards to Ship of Heroes’ proprietary tools and processes, but otherwise be working mostly independently. This is not a beginner position or an artist role.
As we are a small studio, you will likely get an opportunity to work on other things, according to your interests and skills and the needs of the game.
- English language fluency
- Solid experience in UE4
- Proficiency in visual scripting
- Proficiency in C++ and PHP
- Ability to document designs and processes in English
- Ability to understand and build on existing infrastructure
- Ability to map out a proposed project and work with team to get consensus before starting
- Ability to create a bug free output in a reasonable time, mostly independently, with only occasional consultations.
- Candidate must be available full time. We need steady, regular production.
Ship of Heroes is a superhero MMORPG in a sci-fi environment. It is the first superhero MMORPG to be launched in 10 years. Ship of Heroes has been under development since 2017 and is expected to launch in the next 12 months. This position is expected to continue after launch of the game. It is built on Epic’s Unreal Engine 4 and features high quality graphics and a unique art style.
Heroic Games Corporation, the developer of Ship of Heroes, is an American studio headquartered in the Midwest and exclusively focused on Ship of Heroes. All operations are virtual, with contributors from many parts of the country and the world. Several past contributors have since joined AAA studios, in part on the strength of their work on Ship of Heroes.
You will be joining a skilled and supportive team of experienced professional who are always willing to help.
Please apply below.